What to Expect
We ask our Writers to create product descriptions for a wide range of categories, from pet care to electronics. It is important that you familiarize yourself with the product type and brand as this will be VERY helpful in the content creating process.
You will be provided with product information and Market Research such as keyword data, products specs, and Marketplace & Product Analysis, as well as our in-house Channel Key SOP. Keep in mind, it will be necessary for you to conduct your own additional research to increase your working knowledge of the products.
Our rates vary depending on the product category and the length of time you’ve written for Channel Key. On average, we pay between $10 and $50 per description. With enough training (and our handy-dandy SOP), our Freelance Writers average out to about $35 an hour.
How to Apply
We have a 3 part screening process for Freelance Writers.
1. Answer and submit the following questions along with your resume and a link to your online professional presence to Careers@ChannelKey.com
- How many Amazon listings have you written?
- Can you provide examples?
- Are there specific categories you prefer to write for? If so, which ones?
- Describe some key elements that you focus on to when creating descriptions.
- What’s your favorite brand for copy inspiration?
- Clothing & Accessories
- Health & Personal Care
- Home & Garden
- Industrial & Scientific
- Office Products
- Sports & Outdoors
- Shoes, Handbags & Sunglasses
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Toys & Games
2. After we check out your credentials we will contact you and ask you to fill out our non-disclosure agreement.
3. Finally, we put all applicants to the test by asking them to complete a writing sample. We will reach out to you after receiving the signed non-disclosure agreement with details for the writing sample.